Functional Training Institute (FTI) started in Australia in 2009 under the name ‘The Australian Institute of Kettlebells (AIK)’.
FTI provide cutting edge personal training courses and certifications in the field of ‘Functional Training’. All courses are accredited certifications and include Kettlebells, Powerbags, Battling Ropes, MMA Conditioning, Mobility, Rehabilitation, Barbells and Suspension Training.
We are pioneers and boast world first courses in many areas. We have a team of elite presenters that deliver the information worldwide. Our methodologies are increasing the standard of personal training worldwide.
In addition, FTI are:
- The creators of the most comprehensive advanced personal trainer Functional Education Program, ‘Master Functional Trainer’.
- The only provider of Powerbags education, worldwide.
- One of only 2 Battling Ropes educators worldwide. The other is US only.
Why Gyms Can’t Afford not to Have Functional Training Systems
The landscape of the gym has changed significantly within the last decade. There has been a monumental shift from gyms that are filled with cardio equipment and pin loaded machines to open spaces that have tools such as kettlebells, battling ropes and suspension trainers. The popularity of these tools and programs using these tools is immense and offering them is a necessity.
There is no doubt that tools such as Kettlebells, ropes, bags and suspension training are not only popular but they are effective and dynamic tools when used correctly. Without proper instruction, the tools:
- Get used incorrectly. I.e Using a Kettlebell as a dumbbell
- They don’t get used by members and take up valuable space
- They get used incorrectly and this could potentially lead to an injury
Adding Functional Tools, Spaces and Programs is only one half of the equation. The other half is employing the education behind the education. Staff need to know why, when and how to use these tools to really make it a worthwhile offering.
By adding functional training and education to your facility, you will:
- Be a standout in your region
- Build a reputation as a company that evolves and is cutting edge
- Increase member retention
- Attract new members
- Facilitate great results for your members
- Have a well-credentialed educated team
- Opportunities to add new classes, programs and services
How your Team will Benefit with Functional Training Education
Through undertaking our education programs, trainers will:
- Learn to teach using verbal, kinaesthetic and visual cues and understanding that different clients require different cues
- Learn how to breakdown movements into phases so learning is simplified
- Learn how and when to apply regressions and progressions of exercises
- Learn how to create dynamic programs that generate terrific results for the clients
- Attract new clients and referrals
- Stimulate existing clientele and retain them for longer
- Learn how to conduct semi-private training and small group sessions
What you get when you work with FTI
Our mission is to provide the highest standard of education to support functional training tools. Functional training is taking the fitness world by storm but the equipment is only beneficial if it has a methodology behind it. This is what we do!
Our advanced personal training certification courses provide a platform that inspires trainers to new heights.
We provide endless support and have a plethora of resources to accompany our courses. This includes video libraries, comprehensive manuals, refresher days and access to our education team. We deliver a quality service from start to finish and pride ourselves on creating an incredible experience.