The 3 stages are:
Functional Trainer Level 1
Our Functional Trainer Level 1 is a stand alone certification or is the first step of the full MFT program. In this online course we cover Functional Anatomy, Client Screening, Functional Mobility, Suspended Fitness, Functional Bags, Kettlebells Level 1 and 2 and Battling Ropes. Functional Trainer Level 1 is all online on our world class Canvas platform.
Functional Trainer Level 2
Face to Face
Our MFT level 2 certification includes our 7 certification online process and 3 days of intensive face to face coaching. This is the practical application of your Functional Trainer Level 1 knowledge. In these three days we spend a half day each on Mobility, Suspended Fitness, Functional Bags, Kettlebells 1&2 and Battling Ropes.
This is designed to elevate your skills as an elite functional training coach and is held in your nearest major city.
Stage 3 – Master Functional Trainer
Our Master Functional Trainer stage includes our 7 certification online process + 3 days of intensive face to face coaching + 2 more modules and the final assessment to complete the MFT program. This final stage consists of two steps:
Step 1 – Complete Modules
In this first module you will learn Programming where we integrate all your learnings into a tailored program that delivers an individualised program to your client relevant to their goals. From here, you will learn Coaching and Mindset, where we will focus on the psychology behind coaching, including motivational interviewing and goal setting.
Module 2 – Final Assessment
You will complete a final assessment to grant you the Master Functional Trainer Certification. This assessment includes Case Study Questions, a Movement Mastery Video and a Major Assignment.
Why undertake the Master Functional Trainer Certification
You will immediately stand out as an expert in the field of functional training and gain a cutting edge that will draw clientele into your business.
What you will gain:
- Welcome pack that includes a folder to store your course manuals, FTI principles and philosophy manual and other business building strategies
- A world first foundations model specific to functional training
- 6 courses covering the latest in functional training programming and best practice
- Maximum accreditation points with ACE and NASM
- Insider access to FTI trainers and VIP first option invites to new content and FTI opportunities
- Recognition as a Master Functional Trainer and a true leader in the field with specific use of the MFT logo to advertise your qualification
- A Framed certificate of completion
- Access to online forum
- Business building strategies for attracting and retaining clients long-term
Other reasons why you should undertake the certification:
- Learn in a fun and captivating way
- Be challenged and supported by our expert team
- Learn how to break down complex movements into easy steps to demonstrate to your clients
- Have complete confidence to apply your new skills in your business in a practical way
- Join a community of trainers and coaches at the cutting edge of functional training
- Understand how to use the course contents to grow your PT business
You will learn our unique FIVE PILLARS approach that ensures optimal client results and long-term, consistent earnings for YOU.
What Others Say About the Master Functional Trainer Certification
I own one of Melbourne’s Elite Functional Fitness studio’s “The Functional Project”. We have a database of over 250 clients and 4 fantastic trainers. It couldn’t have happened without injecting myself into the MFT course and clearly following the systems that were laid out to me. We have a 3 tier training system, that not only includes traditional PT but a Semi-Private Training system, which increases our earning capacity by up to 400% on every session. Learning this system alone is reason enough to take up the course!
None of these classes would be possible without the training and knowledge I gained from the MFT course and the constant ongoing support I get from the entire FTI team! I would highly recommend the MFT course to every trainer looking to increase their functional training knowledge and create a profitable business model.
– Josh Piterman
Since completing the MFT course I find I have really expanded my business and knowledge. I have become so much more confident in assessing and being able to help my clients in their quest to reach their goal not only in strength and fitness but help in so many other aspects. I have also been able to increase my hourly rate and have satisfied clients which equates to referrals.
I highly recommend the MFT to anyone who wants to grow their business and become a better trainer. The staff and coaches are great mentors, always willing to go that extra mile to help along the way. The trainers you meet help you become part of the MFT community, it’s like having a family of network and support. I truly thank you guys at the FTI for making a difference to my business and life.
– Linda Petrovski
Every time I walk away from any event held by FTI I’m so inspired and excited. The BEST thing I ever did was sign up to the MFT program, and to decide to throw myself into all the courses I can.
Not only is the content amazing, the people I’ve met inspire me greatly.
Being surrounded by other ‘amazing’ coaches within the FTI community is second to none and so crucial.
– Jenni Bell