Our kettlebell series continues with Dan bringing you an updated version of our kettlebell snatch variations.
Variation One: Dead Transverse Snatch
- Ensure you remain in the neutral spine and don’t flex or rotate
- Load the side the kettlebell is sitting on
- The rotation should come from the thoracic spine, not the lumbar
- This is not a dynamic snatch so take your time
- Try this at the beginning of your workout to minimise the risk of injury
This is an advanced move and should only be attempted after perfecting a regular kettlebell snatch!
Variation Two: Side Snatch
- Swing the bell on the outside of the leg corresponding with the arm holding the bell
- This is a great variation for a flow at the end of your workout
Variation Three: Alternating Snatch
- This is a double kettlebell snatch
- Best for raising the heart rate
- Use the arm and knee to drive the movement rather than the hip like a traditional snatch
- Try to complete an even number to keep balance
Stay tuned form next week’s video!