Dan is back with another great video! Today he’s taking us through a quick glute warmup that will prepare you for any workout. This warmup will activate the glutes in only a few minutes!
- Simple but often done incorrectly
- When lying down, externally rotate the hips
- Raise the arms to avoid using them for assistance
- Always hold and squeeze
- Don’t rest between reps
- To do the hip raises unilaterally, try placing a ball in the hip hinge of the resting leg
- Use a mini band
- There is no benefit to having the band placed above the knee versus below the knee so placement comes down to personal preference
- “break the band”
- The squats will externally rotate the hips
- Resist the valgus collapse
- Try doing this barefoot to avoid rolling your feet
- Stay in a quarter squat
- Focus on little steps so the movement stays consistent
We’ll be back soon with more awesome videos!